Wednesday, November 30, 2011

30 days of Thankfulness...

During the month of November on Facebook, people posting a daily "I'm thankful for..." post sprang up. I didn't technically commit to it, but tried to post every day. Here was my list...


2..Thankful we don't have a lot of carpet in our house. Sophie came in with mud covering her ginormous paws.
3. Thankful that my "injury" this morning from the cat/dog fight in my bed missed my eyes-only have 3) nice scratches across the bridge of my nose. Wow, did it bleed.
4. Thankful for warm, hooded sweatshirts with a kangaroo pocket. Perfect for these chilly Iowa days!
5. Thankful for a puppy that loves to play outside and loves Isaac too. 
6. Today I'm thankful for 54* at 840 AM! Beautiful weather for early November!
7. Today I am thankful for a boy that slept all night....in his own bed.
8. Today, I'm so thankful for my DMACC classmates. We've laughed, we've cried, we've worked hard to get this far together.....Congratulations to all of us for making it this far. In another month, we'll be RN's!
9. I am thankful for a God that loves me unconditionally and will see me through. "If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it." So very true as I head into my final test today.
10. Today I am thankful to have passed what I view as the most difficult nursing class I've taken. It was difficult, stressful, tiring...but I did it.
11. Thankful for our veterans today. 
12. Today I'm thankful for a happy and healthy 5 year old. 
13.  Thankful to be moving into my preceptor this week. This is one of the last pieces of schoolwork before graduation... 
14. Thankful for my heritage today. Although after seeing them run rabbits on an obstacle course on Amazing Race last night, it makes me wonder about the Danish side of the family....
15. Thankful to know that Graduation is a month away. A MONTH AWAY!
16.  This sounds silly, but I am thankful for a comfortable bed/pillow! I was very tired and sore after yesterday and I feel good today! 
17. Thankful for all my friends today-near, dear and far away.
18. Thankful for these royal blue scrubs today. They tell you stories about my journey to becoming an RN. These scrubs are getting me to the finish line.
19. Today I am thankful for Starbucks, my sister and ISU Football.
20. Today I am thankful for my crockpot!
21.  Thankful for the opportunity to practice nursing on the unit that has become my favorite (of all our rotations!). The people and nursing staff on the oncology unit are fantastic! (Yes, oncology=cancer).
22.  Thankful for my sister who helped us out last night by watching Isaac. He had a lot of fun and got to see his beloved Kate.
23. Thankful for a day to spend at home baking and getting ready to head north
24. Thankful for many things today. A God who loves me. A healthy family. Friends and family to love and to love me back and the freedom to celebrate this day. Happy Thanksgiving!
25.  Thankful for a boy who slept in today! (7 AM!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!