Wednesday, November 23, 2011

1/2 way through already!

How is it that I am already 1/2 way through my preceptor hours? I guess 3) 12+ hour days will do that!
I have enjoyed every minute I've been back on the oncology floor. I'm learning a lot and getting to do a lot of things!
I've hung a lot of IV meds (Piggyback), done IV pushes, done sterile dressing changes, watched a few IV starts (my turn is coming!), and participated in overall cares for my patients.
 I feel so very lucky to be where I am-I truly feel like oncology is where I am supposed to spend my nursing career!


It's easy for people to see a patient with cancer and feel sorry for them, treat them with pity, etc. On the oncology floor at MGMC, we don't see the person as their diagnosis. They are still a person and are most appreciative of the care you give to them. The families are great as well. They understand we have to ask questions, do lots of assessments, etc and are just overall fantastic.


I do 17 more hours next week, leaving me only 2 more days after that. I'm hoping to be able to board and then find a job at MGMC on the oncology floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!