Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving

Can't believe that Thanksgiving has came and went!

I made a pumpkin pie and a chocolate desert to take to my parent's yesterday. I also tried a recipe for Texas Roadhouse butter that I found on Pinterest (yum!)
My sister, Isaac and I headed to my parent's yesterday morning. Her husband had to work and Mark had a lot of homework to do so it was just the three of us. My brother and his family had to cancel, so it was a small group. My uncle joined us, as usual.

my mom broasted the turkey and then finished it off in the oven. It was delicious! We had the usual mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, jello, green bean casserole, candied carrots, scalloped corn, stuffing.

After lunch, my mom, sister, Isaac and I headed to the park. We stayed there about an hour and then headed to another park, where we spent another hour! We could not have asked for better weather! It was fabulous! About 65* and sunny!! YAY!

We got home about 6 last night. Isaac was pretty tired and went to bed without a fuss and then proceeded to sleep until 7 this morning. That hasn't happened for a while!

I spent last night after he was in bed working on some homework. Knocked out my philosophy paper and blog post for class for the week. I am plugging away at my preceptor journal.

This morning, Isaac and I went to Boone to hit up Wal-Mart. It was about as busy as it is on a Saturday. We got a few things and Isaac used his money to buy himself a new toy. I've been buying here and there today online for gifts. There are some good deals out there!

Tonight, Mark has to work at the hospital so I'm toying with the idea of taking Isaac to see the Festival of Trees down in Des Moines. I think we both would enjoy it a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!