Sunday, November 6, 2011

What I read over the summer

**My goal was to read 32 books (since I turn 32) from May 4-August 24 (when I start back to school)).

This was my goal for the summer. I fell one short...if only summer break had been a couple days longer, I would have made it. 

*1. Ape House by Sara Gruen  Finished on 5/8/11 FANTASTIC
*2. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls Finished 5/9/11 I could not put it down!
*3. Midwives by Chris Bohjalian (Finished 6/23) 3.8 stars. Sometimes hard to get into and stay with. I'm glad I have some medical background!
*4. Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Backby Todd Burpo Finished on 5/21/11. Awesome book. I read most of it while walking on the treadmill at the Y.
*5.. Dewey's Nine Lives by Vicki Myron (finished 7/11) 5 stars for sure! LOVED this book, but not as much as the first
*6. The Daughter's Walk by Jane Kirkpatrick Finished 5/15/11 I'd give this one 3.5 stars. It wasn't the greatest book I've ever read, but I wasn't going to not finish it.
*7. These Things Hidden by Heather Gudenkauf (started and) Finished 5/15 Takes place in a pretend town in Iowa, written by an Iowan author. Good book!
*8. Waiting for Spring by R.J. Keller (finished 5/26/11) 3-stars TOPS. There are many stories weaved into this one that confuse you. You question things never to have them answered. It was hard to get through. I finished because I finally was intrigued, only took like 2/3 of the book.
*9. Summer Secrets by Barbara Freethy (finished 5/31) 3 stars. Hard to get into, hard to follow at times. Maybe if I knew more about racing/sailboats?
*10 Looking for Trouble by Erin Kern (finished 6/1) 3.5 stars A quick little read for fun
*11. Diary of a Mad Fat Girl by Stephanie McAfee (finished 6/8/11). This book is not even one that should have been published. Not sure why people liked it.
*12. Faking It by Elisa Lorello (finished 6/7) 3 stars tops. It was an ok read, but I didn't like the ending.
*13. Choosing to SEE: A Journey of Struggle and Hope by Mary Beth Chapman. (finished 6/11)I could not put this book down. I cried, I laughed. This book told the story of how Mary Beth and Steven Curtis (Christian singer) came together, married, ended up adopting 3 daughters from China and subsequently lost one adopted daughter to a horrible accident.
*14. Easily Amused by Karen McQuestion (finished 6/13) An ok read, it got to be pretty predictable.
*15. A Promise to Remember by Kathryn Cushman (Finished 6/17). 4 stars. A good story about forgiveness and how decisions we make affect others.
*16. Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult. (Finished 7/3). 5 Stars! I COULD NOT put this book down. I love Jodi Picoult and this book did not disappoint! What a fantastic story.
*17. Positive Discipline A-Z by Jane Nelsen, et al. (Finished 7/8) Looking for ideas to help with our boy. Hopefully, I picked up some new tricks to try.
*18. Goldendoodles by ? I read this to learn more about our dog breed, even though she is a labradoodle.
*19. Broken Laces by Rodney Walther (finished 7/23) I couldn't put this one down!! 5 stars!
*20. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (finished 7/26). So glad I listened to several people and read this book! FANTASTIC! I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN~ I started 7/25! 5 stars
*21. A discipline book but it's in my bedroom so I don't know the name.
*22. Lay My Isaac Down by...(on my Kindle)
*23. Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris (finished 7/31) I love the Sookie Stackhouse series and this one was the same, yet different as the others. Many new questions are asked, some are answered.
*24. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (almost as good as The Hunger Games!)
*25. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (the final book in the Hunger Games Trilogy. I liked it, but not as much as the others.
*26. Edge of Grace by Christa Allen
*27. Charity by Christa Allen
*28. Faith by Christa Allen
**29 I deleted 2 off my Kindle w/out getting the names. So that takes me up to #30.
31. I don't remember what book it was but I do know I finished it the day before I started class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!