Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas....Christmas Break

Isaac didn't have school on the Friday before Christmas either. They didn't cancel until 6AM, which made me a little mad. We just hung out at home and ventured to BK and WM later in the day.

I worked my usual weekend before Christmas. Mark worked Christmas Eve night as well as Christmas Day night.

We had a good supper at Texas Roadhouse on Christmas Eve before Mark headed to work.

We let Isaac open a few of his gifts on Christmas Eve, just because he gets bored doing it. I got to open mine too: a new knife block (what I wanted!) and a Keurig from the "puppies'. That was not even on my radar, let alone a Christmas list! But I am loving it! It's awesome getting to try out different coffee flavors and have hot chocolate at just the push of a button!

Christmas morning, Isaac was up around 730 so we got up and he opened his gifts. He loved everything, especially his castle and all the accessories to go with it.

Mark headed to bed and Isaac and I headed to Humboldt. On the way, a bird decided to end his life by flying into my windshield. Nice.

Just a small bunch of us in Humboldt, but it was nice. Isaac got more gifts: a nutcracker, a Cy Hat, a gift card to Wal-Mart and other stuff. I made out with gift cards: 2 to Starbucks, Kohl's, Wal-Mart, cookie sheets and kitchen towels. Overall, a good day!

On the way home, we drove through Boxholm to look at CHristmas lights. I slid off the road. Fun. I tried to rock myself out but it didn't work. Mark was getting ready for work so he couldn't help. Luckily, a house had a bunch of cars so I went there and knocked. They were able to pull me out! Yay!

Christmas break was pretty laid back. We were invited to a neighbor's for supper one night, we watched their kids one night, Isaac's friend came and stayed a few days. We went to Chuck E Cheese on New Year's Eve. I worked New Year's Day.


The chocolate fudge layer cake I made for Christmas

Isaac and his Aunt Kate


A new scooter!

And the stockings were hung...

"from the puppies" to me

From Isaac


Not a great picture, but oh well!
Isaac went back on the 3rd and I think he was happy to go, although he wouldn't admit it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!