Friday, September 4, 2009

4 days in

I have survived 4 days of microbiology. So far, so good. It ended up being Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, rather than the MWF like I thought. Good thing our daycare is flexible!
My lab partner was in my anatomy class this past spring so we were happy to team up again. We are both looking at acceptance into the RN program in January (we hope).

Other than the start of classes for me and a new daycare schedule for Ike, things are pretty much the same around here.

It's Labor Day weekend which is usually the "official" end of summer. I'm not sure if Iowa had a summer? We had one week of 95+* temps back in June and I think that was the hottest it got all summer. Needless to say, we didn't hit the pool much. I'm thinking maybe a trip to the zoo this weekend since Ike received a pass from participating on the library's summer reading program.

I started working out at the Y this week. So far, so good. The first two days I thought I was going to die! I ran/walked/jogged on the track the first day and then the second day, the same but only on the treadmill. Yesterday, I started on the treadmill then did some time on the stairclimber thing. Today's workout felt good, especially after my sister reminded me the other day to stretch beforehand! Next week, I will increase my workout time a bit. I didn't want to start out at say, an hour, just to wimp out and quit. So, it was about 35 minutes + cooldown this week.

We helped some friends get ready to move to Texas last weekend. They have a little girl who is 3 months younger than Ike. Every time we are near their street, he asks to go to "Ava's" house. It's hard to explain to a 3 year old why his friend isn't around anymore. :(

As I look around, I have 3 cats napping in various places and a little monkey who SHOULD be napping but is up wandering around his room. He was up early so without a nap, we'll be hoping for an early bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!