Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Finally!

Finally, only 3 1/2 weeks after our original closing date, we closed and MOVED! In fact, we closed on our new house and started moving on my birthday! I slept my first night in our new home on my birthday. What a gift!

The house is slowly coming together. Everything was placed in the garage and I've been (very) slowly moving boxes into the house and unpacking things.
The kitchen and bedrooms/bathrooms were the first to really get unpacked. I guess I can't honestly say that these rooms are finished yet though! Enough to live in!

The lawn is looking great and the fence starts to go in this week. The dogs will love having the huge backyard to play and run around in! So will Isaac, once we get some stuff for him, probably next spring. We think someone stole his sandbox and swimming pool out from under the deck! Can you believe it!?

The construction on our street has really started to boom! When we bought our lot, there was nothing else planned around us. Now, there are 3 houses going up across the street and I think 2-3 to the south of us! It's busy and loud around here!

I am enjoying being able to take advantage of the weather and walk a lot. There is a pond about 1/2 mile from our house. I'll talk Sophie and Isaac. He stays at the park at the pond while I do another lap or two around the pond. It's great!

We've had a few people over now. I can't wait until I'm ready to actually cook for people, rather than ordering out or going out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!