Thursday, September 15, 2011

Week 3 is in the bag!

Wow!
It's hard to believe that I'm already 3 weeks into 5th term! I've been busy, busy, busy!!

I'm currently doing clinical on oncology. I'd been looking forward to this particular rotation. 
I LOVE IT!
The people are fantastic and I'm learning new things and getting to do new skills.

I finally hung 2 IVPB (IV piggyback meds) this week! I did an IV push! I've now d/c'd a picc line! I've flushed ports.

I like oncology so much that I when I requested my preceptor assignment, oncology was my #1 choice!
One of my patients from last week told my primary nurse that I was doing a great job, was a great nurse and he was pleased to have me! NICE!

As for class.......Class is Monday mornings 830-1130 and then Wednesday nights 4-7 (after clinical). Wednesdays are super long days but only about 5ish more weeks of clinical.

We had our first test this past Monday. I felt pretty confident going in and walked out not feeling like I failed. Grades came back yesterday and I did fantastic!

Preceptor starts in November so I'm anxious to find out if I get my top choice or if I am placed somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!