Sunday, June 5, 2011

a dip in the pool

Friday, the 3rd, it was HOT!

So, I picked Isaac up from school and we went to the Boone Pool. It was the first time we've been there this summer (well, it only opened a week ago!) and he was excited!

I was too, since I like it to be really steamy outside if I'm going to the pool! The temps were high, the water was cold!

It was still pretty busy at 330 when we got there. He wanted to go in the "big boy" pool, rather than the smaller one. I told him that in the big pool he can't have his hippo (inner tube) and I wasn't going to hold onto him the whole time. It starts at 4', I believe. The smaller pool is 2'6" to around 3' so it's perfect.

I gave him his new pool toys-diving sticks and 2 little plastic squid that you can dive after. He had a blast doing that....for about 1 1/2 hours!

I soaked up some sun, waded with Isaac and just sat on the edge watching him. Oh, it was fantastic!

I am hoping to get to the pool at least three times this week since the forecast says it's supposed to hit the mid-90's!

Ike starts swim lessons at the Y tomorrow night. 4 nights/week for two weeks per session. We chose to go that route since the time works better with our schedules. I hope he does ok and listens to his instructor!

He loves to dive under, swim underwater, tries to backfloat and just in general loves the water.

I'll say this-I don't think he got any of those skills from either of his parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!