Sunday, May 22, 2011

SUMMER TIME!

It's summer time for me! Yay!
Classes have been done about 2 1/2 weeks now and it's been GREAT to have the time off.

The last semester was a tough one. I enjoyed it, but it was mentally and physically draining. Between clinicals in Des Moines for 5 weeks (I think), regular clinicals and classes, I was tired. Overall, I did well.

My skills class gave me a scare, as I hadn't done as well as I had hoped on the last exam. That grade brought my overall grade down to a 79, need 78 to pass. I had a HUGE comp skills exam to get through that was going to make or break my grade.
I was so nervous going into the comp skills that I walked out feeling I hadn't passed. Praise God that when grades posted I had done well enough to pass, not only the skils exam, but the class. God was with me!

Come August, I will be in my "5th" term of the program. That means GRADUATION in December! YAY! Sadly, a good friend of mine didn't pass a couple classes so she won't be continuing on with us. We'll miss her a lot!!

I've been spending my days cleaning house, purging, packing. Packing? Yes! We are MOVING! We found a 3 bedroom house here in Ogden that will not only give us more room, but a little more in the bank every month.
We've signed the lease and will take possession on 15 June, moving in on the 20th. I am pretty excited as it's very close to the library, post office and grocery store!

What else.....
We put our boat in the water a couple weeks ago. The weather was perfect and it was great to be out there. I'm looking forward to many hours on the lake this summer! Isaac was excited he got to drive again.

Isaac lost his first tooth last weekend! He was pretty excited!

My own personal summer reading program is well underway. I've read 5 books so far since the end of the term and looking at finishing 32 by the time the semester starts. It's daunting but I hope I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!