Monday, April 4, 2011

I am an LPN!

YES! I am an LPN! I have my license to prove it!

18 March was my scheduled date to test for my license.

I was nervous! The GPS put me completely in the wrong area. For some reason, I ended up in the 7000 block of the road, rather than the 3000 block. Glad I was plenty early!

I found the location and got myself checked in: photo, hand scans, fingerprints. Then I sat to wait. Then the proctor could not verify my hand scan, although he had my drivers' license, a photo and me right in front of him! I was like, "Oh man, this is bad!"

I finally got in and went through the initial set up/directions of the NCLEX program. I was there for about an hour, all the while being videotaped/sound monitored. Nerve-wracking, to say the least.

I called Mark when I was done and he was confident I passed. Me-not so sure. I barely had over the bear minimum (85) questions when my test stopped.

All weekend long, Mark tried to convince me I passed. On Sunday afternoon, we were able to pay $8 and get "unofficial results". Well....I PASSED! I was in shock and disbelief! The following Friday, my license was in the mail! I haven't even received my "official results" yet!

I am glad it's behind me! I now have the experience of testing and will be more confident when I take my RN boards next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!