Tuesday, July 19, 2011

In honor of my 32nd birthday....32 things you may not know about me!

Yep. Today is my 32nd birthday. Wow, I feel really old.

1. I created and perfected my own chocolate chip cookie recipe. It's tasty!
2. I was an army wife for almost 8 1/2 years before Mark got out. We lived through one deployment.
3. I was born on a Tuesday.
4. I LOVE the Iowa State Fair. I haven't missed a year since I was about 18 (which was also the first time I went!)
5. I do not like amusement park rides that spin around.
6. I do like roller coasters.
7. I got glasses in 4th grade. I wore them until my first year of college (1997!)
8. I have an AA from Iowa Central Community College (Liberal Arts/general studies), a BS in Housing and the Near Environment from Iowa State University and will have my AA in nursing (RN) in December (God willing!)
9. I ADORE books. I love to read. I wonder sometimes how many books I've read in my lifetime.
10. I've only broken one bone in my life. I broke my right clavicle (collar bone) when I was a bit over 1. I fell down some stairs in my walker.
11. I love wearing flip flops, even though they do horrible things to my feet.
12. I am afraid of fire. Like a house fire, mostly. I don't mind campfires but an out of control fire, no thanks.
13. I was 25ish and taking swim lessons. I still can't swim.
14. I like the Beatles.
15. Mark and I lived about 8 blocks away from each other in Ankeny. Before we ever met!
16. I started cooking/baking around age 10.
17. My mom bakes me a homemade chocolate angel food cake every year for my birthday.
18. I've had 2 of my 3 cats longer than I've known my husband.
19, I tried to join the Air Force when I was 19. They told me that I was mostly deaf in one ear. I saw an audiologist outside the military which proved that I am not/was not deaf in one ear. They still didn't want me.
20. I still got to see Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, TX when my sister graduated basic training.
21. I used to want to be an English teacher or environmental engineer.
22. I almost went to UNI. *GASP*
23. Now I say I bleed cardinal and gold. GO ISU!
24. I'm looking forward to taking Isaac to his first Iowa State Football game. Hopefully, this fall!
25. I bought myself a dozen roses in honor of my birthday.
26. I've enjoyed my time being a SAHM with Isaac the last 5 years. I think it was great for him and for me!
27. I'm looking forward to finishing school in December.
28. I do most of my shopping online, but I do enjoy going to the mall once in a while!>
29. I love Target!
30. I went tubing for the first time this summer. It was a blast!
31. I have a crazy memory. I remember things from when I was pretty small and just random bits of life.
32. I love my boys! (But I bet you knew that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!